Monday, June 22, 2015

Giulia Steingruber (SUI) FX EF European Games Baku 2015

I've finally got to observe and examine the routines of Mustafina and Steingruber. I've read that Mustafina did not get credit for quad turn and Steingruber should of gotten 0.3 oob deduction. IMO Mustafina did complete the quad turn but overall I preferred Steingruber's routine. Looking at her feet I can see the 0.1 oob but not the 0.3 oob. It's not unusual for someone to win with an oob deduction.

At the end of the day the judges also preferred Steingruber's routine. The things that bothered me about Mustafina is her spin combo at the beginning, then she tried to do the Memmel at the end again and was unsuccessful. Too many spins imo. I love spins but in this actual case she did way toooo many. Another thing is her music and choreo. I thought I could like it but I can't. She is still a pretty mover but this routine really takes the cake for background music. It felt like she was not listening to her music. It felt weird. I'm impressed with her new DLO debuts though :). I bet she will have different music come Glasgow. This might have been a testing competition for her.

I love Steingruber's gogean leap and think the straight 3/2 jump was cool.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment